Hello friends, In this article today I will teach you how to find shutting area for beam and column etc, after reading this this article you will able to find the quantity of shutting area for difference elements, lets get start.
Shuttering is measured in Surface Area and in SI units it is in sq.m [ Square meters ]. The other way it is Shuttering area and it can be calculated by measuring the area of contact of the shuttering surface with the concrete surface.
Formwork shall be measured in square meters as the actual surfaces in contact with the concrete
The formwork or shuttering quantity for the member is measured as per the code of BIS – IS 1200:1982, Part 5- Method of Measurement of Building and Civil Engineering Works.
For Column follow the process
1. Measure the four sides of column at base or in cross-section.
2. Calculate the perimeter of column base.
3. Measure the Colum height.
4. Multiply the perimeter of base and height of column to give the shuttering area of column.
Or other way, add all 4 sides and multiply it by height of column.
For Beam follow the process
1. Take the cross-section of beam and measure the lengths of the two sides and base of beam.
2. Sum the three measurements.
3. Measure the span of the beam
4. Multiply the span length by sum of the three measurements (beam base two vertical sides) gives the shuttering area of beam.
The top side in cross-section of beam is not considered as it will be part of beam.
Or the other way, add the beam height(2 sides) and beam base and multiply it by beam length.
Other important factors to be considered while picking the shuttering quantities.
- Where formwork is required to be lined with wall board, hardboard, polythene sheet No deduction shall be made for openings up to 0.4sqm.
- No deduction shall be made for any opening/cutouts when slip form technique is used.
- Raking or circular cutting and rounded or moulded edges shall be measured in running meters. Moulded stopping shall be enumerated.
- Formwork to secondary beam shall be measured up to the sides of main beams, but no deduction shall be made from the formwork of the main beams where the secondary beam intersects it.
- Formwork to beam shall be measured up to sides of column, but no deduction shall be made from the formwork to stanchion or column casings at intersections of beam.